Wednesday, January 12, 2011

this journey called life


during this journey that i have happened upon, experiences have left me living an endless nightmare. i am often running blind in a dangerous direction, fleeing the shadows of my past that are determined to consume me. ironically, those who i run from in desperation have become a hiding place. not one of hope and safety and light. but one of familiarity and false comfort and darkness. nestling into those places of lonliness, uncertainty and fear promises to never let me go. to hold on and pull me deeper into its deceitful embrace. strangely, that had become my safe place, my hide-out, my refuge. as a child of the light, those should have been the places i strayed from. in my desperation to find comfort, i should have been running to the One who defines all things good. its not enough to resort to what i know, to what will always be there and promises to keep me as its prisoner. though that is what i have grown to know, it will never be enough. finally i know, God is enough. and his promises are true. i can run to him to be embraced by love and safety and comfort. to be healed and made whole.



Samuel 22:3 "My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior— from violent people you save me."


No comments:

Post a Comment