Thursday, December 16, 2010

"never alone"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8QubLxJI54



the feeling of being "alone" has become a great fear of mine. no matter how hard i try to fend it off, the dark lonely shadow manages to seep its way through the cracks into my inner most being. it takes control and, without my knowledge and consent, it governs my life, daily.


i think that although i fight this lonliness and strive to prevent it from holding me in its clutches, i have somehow managed to find comfort in hiding behind its familiarity. i know the feeling, i know how it makes me feel & act. i know it. its like the saying, "better the devil you know, than the devil you don't know."


but lonliness - the devil that i have come to know - should not exist. for i have a Saviour who has promised me that:


"Nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow - not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below - indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God."


Romans 8:38-39


i know that i should never feel alone. God said:


"I will make you my wife forever, showing you righteousness and justice, unfailing love and compassion. I will be faithful to you and make you mine, and you will finally know me as the Lord."


Hosea 2:19-20


what more could i possibly need?

1 comment:

  1. So true! I felt like that for a week and it wasnt a nice feeling.
    But with God, we are never ever alone! xxx

    ReplyDelete